Act Local Grants
When a Legacy Financial branch is in your neighbourhood – your community is stronger because of it. Let’s help you kick start your community initiative, in any way we can!
The Act Local branch giving program is designed to support grassroots projects and events making an impact in local neighbourhoods and surrounding our branches.
- Sponsorships and donation requests between $100 – $4,000
- Applications accepted from non-profit organizations, societies, charities, schools, cooperatives, and social enterprises
- Branch teams are empowered to make decisions locally, based on the unique needs of their local communities
- Reviewed at ongoing bases by nearby branches between November – August
Preference is given to initiatives that:
- Provide an opportunity for our staff to get involved beyond writing a cheque
- Provide an opportunity for brand recognition
- Directly support community projects around our branches
What is NOT eligible?
- Infrastructure costs
- Specific political parties
- Specific religious causes
- Capital campaigns
- Debt repayment
- Individual sports teams
- Fundraisers for individuals
- Larger regional initiatives – with the Act Local program being focused on grassroots neighbourhood based projects, larger scope city-wide projects should be directed to the Community Grants program